Monday, November 23, 2009

Starbucks Coffee



I have always wanted to have a try working in Starbucks ever since i drank their coffee for the first time many years ago. And now, i finally have the chances to work in KLCC Starbucks outlet. Why i want to work at this moment since i have class in university? Many of my friends throw this question to me after i had sounded out this idea. The truth is i only have a two hours class in a week this semester and i need to find something to do in order to fill up my free time. The subject that i took this semester is Sun Tzu Art of War: Business Strategy which don't come with final exam, only hundred percent on assignment. The assignment is much more easier since it is a group work and to be able to work it out with Nick, Nicole, Yoke Har and Vince makes my job much more easier. It is an honor to be able to be in their group.


Talking about working as a barista in Starbucks, patience, hardworking, respect, dignity,passion, efficient and muscles(just kidding) are character requires to be able to in work here especially in KLCC outlet. Since this outlet is the most crowded and busiest besides than the Genting outlet, it is almost impossible for you to catch a breathe during peak hours like weekends. Every new barista is given two normal Starbucks black shirt, two Christmas promotion shirt, two apron, a cap, and a barista training program book. You might say wow! There's many stuff given to new barista! But the sad thing is the largest available T-shirt is L size which don't really fit with me. So I look extreamly bizarre and I have no choice but to show my "six packs" -__-"


Most of the time I will be sliding, which means taking care of the cafe. I will be doing stuff like cleaning the table, washing plates, stoking up and sweeping the floor since I am new here. This few days I started to do some blending job where i play around with the cream, coffee, blending machine, milk and syrup. There is much more to learn as I couldn't make the drinks that fast and some of the seniors lost patience with me. I haven't try out with the espresso machine and the cashier area and i guess i will be trying out pretty soon. Besides, I think I am getting better in doing the four base which is Signature Hot Chocolate, Cream Base, Coffee base and Bar Mocha. As for the ingredient used, I cant list it out as this illegal. Who knows there might be some competitors who wants to steal the idea like in the cartoon Spongebox Squarepants(oh, i sound so childish).


Am I happy working here? Well, i can only say i prefer studying. My aim to work here is just mainly to gain experiences, not because of money. I doesn't want to be regret. When you are getting elder and look back at times, this will be one of the best memories you have in life. Live life to the fullest!


No comments:

Powered By Blogger