Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yes or No



This dilemma have been haunting me for quite some time now and i hope to have some opinions or comments about this. I'm genuinely in agony, should i continue my guitar course or just abandon it. In the beginning, i thought i can put an end to it after finish gred 6 and proudly come out as a qualified teacher but all these just couldn't go as smoothly as i thought. Next month i will be shifting to setapak to start my degree first year and will be staying there as well, so it is quite inconvenient for me to travel back every weekend just for a 45 minutes class. Moreover, there is some financial crisis since i will be spending more during my first year in university especially on rental, uni fees, gadgets and more. If music came in again, then it will definately cost a bomb.

As you all know or anyone who doesn't know as well, I have no interest at all towards music before secondary, not even a single note. My family are the one who encourage me to take this course as my sister learn piano from the very early age and i knew nothing. Before this i have a short span lessons of piano with my sister last time and i don't know why i stop after a few weeks. In Form 1, guitar just came in my life and i keep learning it until now. I learn it with my friend, Franklin but he had stopped since he went to United States to further his studies and left me still going strong, until now. Guitar have been my emotional tutor and it had also gave me a chance to perform on stage from the very best of participating in Guitar Festival to doing charity show in SABS as well.

With the guitar exams arriving in just 2 months time, i just have to decide quickly. Continue the guitar course until i am qualify as a teacher or just abandon it and concentrate on my degree?

5 comments:

ChiNg Fai said...

Yes, you should continue your dream..Dotn waste it..If you have any financial problem, try to get some part time jobs... you sure can do it..Good luck in your 1st year!

Ashleyteng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashleyteng said...

OMG bro! i didn't know you write about music also! This post really surprise me because I just wrote one similar post in mine!

read here --> http://ashleyteng.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-life-as-music-pursuer.html

please, setapak is near ok. I travel from Melaka to Shah Alam for piano, you don't possess the rights to say setapak is far in this case T_T

plsssssss........ complete the course... for me. trust me you'll have no regrets

Anonymous said...

i would definitely suggest you to continue your guitar lesson until you're a qualified guitar teacher. i mean like, really. i regretted that i stopped from going to the guitar class.. now i cant be a guitar teacher. well, far away from that. i lost all my skills.. alas, i really think you should go for it or else you'll regret it.

Razen said...

Motivation and inspiration is something that one cannot learn. You've got to go out there and find it.

My best advice is, to take a break and LISTEN to music, particular those related to guitar, any guitar for that matter.

Questions that should be pondered is whether your dream is strong enuff? Is classical REALLY your thing?

Boredom, mental blocks, de-motivation are problems for all musicians. You are not alone. Get out there and talk to them. Get out and find out if this is where you really want to be.

Trust me, it's really never too late to learn the instrument. Nor will you really lose the skills if you learned the right way, for classical guitar at the very least.

Powered By Blogger